Friday, April 3

UCLA extends payment deadline for spring tuition, suspends course materials fees

UCLA announced Friday it will suspend course materials fees and extend the deadline to pay spring quarter tuition and fees. However, no changes have been made to systemwide or campus-based fees. (Daily Bruin file photo)

UCLA has suspended course materials fees and extended the deadline to pay spring quarter tuition and fees in light of the coronavirus outbreak.

All course materials fees that are tied to particular courses will be suspended, said Gregg Goldman, vice chancellor and chief financial officer, in an email to students Friday.

The university has also extended the deadline to pay spring tuition BruinBill charges to April 10 at 5 p.m. However, there have not been any changes made to the systemwide or campus-based fees, including tuition, for spring quarter, according to the email.

The University of California Board of Regents, the governing board of the UC, makes decisions about whether to increase or decrease tuition.

The decision to suspend course materials fees and extend the deadline to pay spring quarter BruinBill charges comes after UCLA decided March 13 to move all spring quarter instruction online.

Goldman said UCLA is aware the COVID-19 outbreak may create unforeseen financial challenges, and is making these changes to help students and their families.

Several campus entities that employ students have shut down in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, including campus libraries and UCLA Recreation facilities.

The UCLA community currently has three confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, with two staff members and one student testing positive for the disease.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered California residents to stay at home Thursday, an order that was echoed by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti.

Follow all of our coronavirus coverage here
Assistant News editor

Shapero is an assistant News editor in the National News & Higher Education beat. She was previously a contributor for the National News & Higher Education beat. Shapero is a third-year political science student who enjoys covering national and statewide news.

• Kara

I ordinarily receive roughly 6,000-8,000 dollars almost every 1 month by going online. It is absolutely enough to quite simply replace my old work salary, particularly taking into consideration I only work around 20 hr in one week at home. I got obviate my job after doing work for only one corporation for several months, I required very reliable revenue. Probably the foremost exciting part of carrying out work online is that I’m always home with the sweet kids and also enjoy tons of free time with my relatives on various beautiful beaches of the beautiful countries. Here’s the proper way to start ===> inatimes.co.id/1njq92

• Kara

I ordinarily secure an estimated 6,000-8,000 dollars almost every 30 days over the internet. It is more than enough to freely replace my past work net earnings, particularly thinking about I actually do the work around 20 hour every week from a home office. I have obviate my occupation after doing work under only one corporation for several years, I required very reliable revenue. Probably the foremost exciting part of doing project online is that I’m always home with the naughty youngsters and also spend tons of free time along with my loved ones on various beautiful beaches of the beautiful countries. Here’s the easiest way to start ====> inatimes.co.id/1njq92

• Richard C

Doing what’s best for students is the right thing — especially in these times of uncertainty.