Saturday, March 28

UCLA student tests positive for COVID-19 in university’s 2nd confirmed case

A UCLA student tested positive for the new coronavirus, Chancellor Gene Block announced in a press release Tuesday night.

The student is being treated at a local hospital. They lived off-campus and not in university housing.

This is the first student at UCLA to have tested positive for the disease. An off-campus staff member was confirmed Monday to have contracted COVID-19 and is receiving care in self-isolation off campus.

Anybody who may have made contact with either of the two infected people will be notified by campus administration, per protocols of infectious disease response.

More cases will likely be revealed in the coming days because of the community’s increased capability to test for COVID-19, Block said in the statement.

UCLA recently moved all spring quarter classes online in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. Three students went into self-isolation for the disease earlier this month, but all three tested negative. There are currently 144 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus in Los Angeles County and one confirmed death.

Follow all of our coronavirus coverage here
Assistant News editor

Nucci is the 2019-2020 Assistant News editor for the Features & Student Life beat. She was previously a contributor for the Campus Politics beat from 2018-2019 and Copy staff from 2017-2019.

• Sierra

By doing on line work I earn as good as $21,000-$22,000 once a month. I lost my job in my company despite giving a lot of time and hard work. I always wanted a work that is definitely reliable. I was never into internet scams schemes such as becoming “rich over night” that turned into marketing and advertising schemes where you will need to firstly make interested customers and then sell a product to friends or any person so that they are going to be in your team. On line job gave me convenience to do the job in my own space and time. I could spend more time with my family members and can go out for holidays. I began living my life the way I desired. Here’s the best way to start >>> tidy.ws/2ok2Fq

• Kara

I commonly earn around 6,000 $-8,000 $ every 4 weeks via internet. It is a sufficient amount to definitely substitute my last workplace earnings, primarily taking into account I only just work nearly 20 hour or so each and every week at home. I have obviate my job after doing work for only one corporation for several months, I wanted quite reliable money. Probably the foremost thrilling part of doing project online is that I am always home with the naughty youngsters and also spend tons of freetime with my relatives on many beautiful shores of the attractive countries. Here’s the proper way to start ==> cutit.org/YMTzD