Man arrested in connection with two apartment peepings

By Daily Bruin

This post was updated at 2:15 p.m.

University police arrested a man Tuesday morning in connection with two reports of peepings at North Village apartments late Monday night and early Tuesday morning, according to a UCPD report.

Police said a student was taking a shower at her Roebling Avenue apartment about 11:40 p.m. Monday when she saw a man holding a cell phone and reaching through the blinds of her bathroom window. Her roommate then confronted the man, who left.

Two hours later, a witness saw a man peering into apartment windows on Kelton Avenue, between Gayley Avenue and Ophir Drive. The man saw the witness and left the area but was arrested soon after.

Paris Arnaud, 36, was arrested on the charge of peeking into an inhabited building. UCPD officers arrested Arnaud just after 2 a.m. Tuesday and released him about four hours later.

Arnaud will appear in court on Aug. 5 at the Los Angeles Superior Court Airport Courthouse.

The student and witness described a similar suspect.

The man peering into the shower was described as white, about 5-feet-10-inches tall and wearing a black long-sleeved shirt and dark-colored pants.

In the second incident, he was described as white, tall with a thin build and wearing a black hat, black sweater and grey pants.

Several peepings have been reported in the North Village in recent months.

UCPD is still searching for a man who officials say peered into apartments on Roebling and Kelton Avenues several times in late January and March. Police described the man as about 30 years old, black and between 5-feet-10-inches and 6 feet tall with a thin build.

In April, students reported a man peering into women’s shower stalls in Sproul Hall. The man was described as white, 35 to 40 years old and 5-feet-8-inches to 5-feet-9-inches tall, with a stocky build, blond buzzed hair, blue eyes and wrinkles on his forehead.

No further information was available. The case is still under investigation.

UCPD recommends that students be aware of their surroundings and contact police if they see anything suspicious.

Anyone with additional information regarding this incident or similar incidents can call UCPD at (310) 825-1491.

Compiled by Sam Hoff, Bruin senior staff.

Daily Bruin