Monday, May 6, 2024

Chirpyest: Shop. Earn Cash Back. Repeat.

By Camille Ray

Los Angeles native, Colette Shelton, “Coco,” is a triple threat in the professional world. As an executive turned interior design blogger turned tech start-up founder at Chirpyest. Coco’s ambition and collection of experiences allow for a unique perspective that makes her a genius in her respective field. In addition to the thousands of interactions her blog Cococozy welcomes daily, Singer-songwriter Katy Perry and interior design guru Jonathan Adler both named Cococozy one of their favorite interior design blogs in an InStyle magazine interview. On top of accepting celebrity recognition, Coco was also named among the top 30 influencers by Forbes in 2017. Entering the next phase in her career, Coco founded the shopping platform Chirpyest in 2019, which qualifies members to earn up to 30 percent cash back from over 850 brands and retailers.

Gaining popularity among young consumers, cash-back websites like Chirpyest reward users by combining spending money with making money, eliminating the stressful aspects inherent in purchasing while also allowing consumers to earn and gain the recognition Coco feels they deserve. From fashion retailers to home, beauty, fitness and lifestyles categories, Chirpyest offers a diverse selection of products with ranging percentages of cash-back rewards. Featuring popular brands like Urban Outfitters, Ulta, ASOS, Good American, Skims, Target and Pottery Barn, college students can apply these rewards to back-to-school shopping and dorm decor while exploiting the win-win of generating income on the side.

Apart from the distinct consumer-saving benefits, Colette also attributes much of Chirpyest’s success to the community she fostered through the program’s interactive style board feature. Under the “Chirpyest Community” tab on the website’s navigation bar, users access a forum where members can design and view others’ “wish list” products, all eligible for cash-back benefits.

For Chirpyest member @claireliz_, navigating the workplace as a newly independent young adult meant discovering unconventional ways to generate additional revenue streams. Finding Chirpyest meant identifying a painless solution to her issue, dismissing the stress associated with indulgent shopping because her purchases now paid for themselves.

“Once I went full-time, I realized I needed to find other ways to generate income outside of just brand deals since they are so unpredictable,” Liz said. “That is when I discovered affiliate income and started utilizing links in my stories and in my bio. This helps to have consistent additional income on top of utilizing passive income and brand deals income.”

For those interested in receiving similar benefits, here’s how to navigate the program like a pro and begin seeing desired results quickly.

Step 1: Making a free account
Joining the Chirpyest community could not be easier. Creating a free account merely requires a linked Google, Apple ID, or generic email address upon clicking the “Join” tab on the main menu bar. Afterward, the design aesthetic for your associated profile photo, bio and subsequent style boards relies on each member’s preferences.

Step 2: Adding the free browser extension
Separating itself from competing sites, The Chirpyest browser extension allows every shopper to discover cash-back opportunities and monetize recommendations. To download the extension click the “Browser Extension” page directly on the website or access the Google Play App Store. Once the extension is downloaded, pin it to the Google Chrome toolbar by clicking the puzzle piece-shaped button located one space to the right of the main search bar.

Step 3: Shopping on the Chirpyest website
On the Chirpyest website, you can browse thousands of styles via the “Brands” tab. Sorted by “trending” along with “highest to lowest” and “lowest to highest” cashback amount and brands listed from a-z, users have the freedom to navigate their shopping experience however they want. Clicking on a product or brand will automatically take you to the associated website; however, unlike normal website browsing, cashback will automatically be tracked on any purchase made.

Step 4: Creating shopping boards
Members interested in additional revenue streams also have access to create shopping boards, where friends and followers can shop members’ curations for extra earnings. Think of it as a combination of Pinterest and Amazon Storefront. When others shop your board, you earn cash back! Shopping boards can be public or private, and all members are provided a link to share with others. Contrary to competing brands like Amazon that appoint content creators to share and recommend products, designing style boards is encouraged regardless of status and qualifying prerequisites.

Step 5: Getting paid
To begin seeing results, connect your PayPal or Venmo to your Chirpyest account and expect cashback between 60-120 days after purchase. Note that Chirpyest requires a five-dollar minimum to receive payouts.

At the end of the day, Chirpyest is what you make it and can generate as much or as little reward as you want. However, as clothing trends and college essentials continue to shift and evolve, why not make a little money while doing something as easy as clicking the checkout button!

Start your Chirpyest journey now, www.Chirpyest.com

Camille Ray