Sunday, April 14, 2024

North Westwood Neighborhood Council recap – Nov. 9

By Catherine Hamilton

The North Westwood Neighborhood Council discussed transit and the climate crisis and called on Los Angeles City Council members to resign.

The NWWNC is the official neighborhood council representing Westwood Village and UCLA to the LA City Council. The meetings are open to the public via Zoom, and the next meeting will be held Dec. 7.

The council heard from Yusef Robb, a representative from a transit company – Sepulveda Transit Corridor Partners – on the effort to develop high-capacity rail lines to create networks of fast and environmentally clean transportation systems. The proposed Metro Sepulveda Transit Corridor would have a station at UCLA.

Robb said the new system would decrease traffic and air pollution, as well as creating construction, management and maintenance jobs and allowing the opportunity for civilian mobility.

Finally, the council passed a motion and resolution attached to council documents calling for the resignation and accountability of the city council members involved in a racist conversation leaked in October.

Catherine Hamilton | News editor
Hamilton is the 2023-2024 News editor and a Copy staff member. She was previously the 2022-2023 national news and higher education beat editor and a national news contributor. She is also a third-year gender studies and political science student minoring in professional writing.

WESTWOOD, Campus 5-minute walk. Own room in large quiet furnished two-bedroom. Only occupant travels. Fireplace, cat, access terrific book/movie/video collections, suit arts/sciences aficionado. $1,295 w/utilities. [email protected]