Saturday, Dec. 3, 2022

UC Academic Worker StrikesNative American Heritage Month2022 Midterm Elections

North Westwood Neighborhood Council recap – Nov. 9

By Catherine Hamilton

The North Westwood Neighborhood Council discussed transit and the climate crisis and called on Los Angeles City Council members to resign.

The NWWNC is the official neighborhood council representing Westwood Village and UCLA to the LA City Council. The meetings are open to the public via Zoom, and the next meeting will be held Dec. 7.

The council heard from Yusef Robb, a representative from a transit company – Sepulveda Transit Corridor Partners – on the effort to develop high-capacity rail lines to create networks of fast and environmentally clean transportation systems. The proposed Metro Sepulveda Transit Corridor would have a station at UCLA.

Robb said the new system would decrease traffic and air pollution, as well as creating construction, management and maintenance jobs and allowing the opportunity for civilian mobility.

Finally, the council passed a motion and resolution attached to council documents calling for the resignation and accountability of the city council members involved in a racist conversation leaked in October.

Catherine Hamilton | National news and higher education editor
Hamilton is the 2022-2023 national news and higher education beat editor. She was previously a national news contributor. She is also a second-year English and political science student.
Condo/Townhouse for Sale

1 Bedroom & 1 Bathroom condo in an excellent location in Westwood.1300 Midvale Ave Unit 409 Open living room is met by a kitchen which boasts floor-to-ceiling cabinets and a separated dining area. Master bedroom is bright and equipped with hefty closet space.The recently remodeled master bathroom includes a double vanity, bathtub and shower. The unit also comes with its very own private very large balcony!The building also includes a pool, spa, recreation room, gym, laundry room on each floor, subterranean community garage parking, and sun deck! Please Noushin Ahobim (310)-863-4325 or [email protected]