UCPD investigates reported attempted strong-arm robbery on LA Metro

By Catherine Hamilton

UCPD is investigating reports of an attempted strong-arm robbery on a Los Angeles Metro bus Monday morning. 

The incident happened around 10:15 a.m., according to a UCPD crime alert sent Monday evening. The suspect allegedly slapped the victim and attempted to take her necklace and backpack, according to the alert. 

The victim is a UCLA student, according to the report. 

UCPD described the suspect as a 5-foot-2 to 5-foot-3-inch woman in her 20s, with an average build. She was wearing a black shirt with a white and red cat design, pink pants, a black and pink head covering and a plaid pink backpack. 

No injuries or vehicles were reported as related to the incident. 

This case is currently under investigation. Anyone with information can call UCPD at 310-825-1491. 

Catherine Hamilton | News editor
Hamilton is the 2023-2024 News editor and a Copy staff member. She was previously the 2022-2023 national news and higher education beat editor and a national news contributor. She is also a third-year gender studies and political science student minoring in professional writing.