Tuesday, May 7, 2024

SJP, UC DIVEST COALITION DEMONSTRATIONS AT UCLA

UCLA announces OneBill Initiative that consolidates fees to one account

Beginning Nov. 8, students will be able to make payments for their tuition, parking, transit fees and housing on a single BruinBill account. (Photo illustration by Victoria Li/Daily Bruin senior staff)

By Catherine Hamilton

UCLA administrators announced in a campuswide email Monday that a new initiative will allow students to pay their tuition, housing, parking and transit fees on one BruinBill account.

The OneBill Initiative will launch Nov. 8 before the winter and spring quarter billing cycles, said the announcement, adding that the account will be called the Regular Term Bill. Financial aid, scholarship and fellowship disbursements will immediately factor into the balance.

Currently, the BruinBill separates costs into four separate accounts and requires a refund request for financial aid given by UCLA, the announcement said. BruinBill will still be the billing platform, and summer session fees will remain separate from other regular-term costs, according to the email. Students will need to reenroll in automatic payments for the Regular Term Bill if they elect to continue them.

“We’ve received input from students, parents, and families on how these billing complications affect the Bruin community and are proud to take a step towards simplifying student finance at UCLA with the OneBill initiative,” the announcement said.

Catherine Hamilton | News editor
Hamilton is the 2023-2024 News editor and a Copy staff member. She was previously the 2022-2023 national news and higher education beat editor and a national news contributor. She is also a third-year gender studies and political science student minoring in professional writing.