University of California expands undergraduate submission window by 1 month

Powell Library is pictured. The UC extended the submission window to two months before the Nov. 30 deadline. (Daily Bruin file photo)

By Catherine Hamilton

University of California applicants are now able to submit their applications, which are released on Aug. 1 every year, two months prior to the Nov. 30 deadline.

In an attempt to allow prospective students ample time to make higher education application decisions, the UC decided to change the beginning of the submission window to Oct. 1 instead of Nov. 1, according to a UC Office of the President press release Friday. This change took effect for the admissions cycle for fall 2023, expanding the submission timeline by one month.

“We recognize that the application period can be stressful and confusing,” said Han Mi Yoon-Wu, executive director of UC undergraduate admissions. “We hope the expanded timeline will allow prospective students to work on their applications earlier and afford them the opportunity to research the campuses that best align with their aspirations for college.”

Catherine Hamilton | News editor
Hamilton is the 2023-2024 News editor and a Copy staff member. She was previously the 2022-2023 national news and higher education beat editor and a national news contributor. She is also a third-year gender studies and political science student minoring in professional writing.