UCLA to offer in-person commencement ceremony for class of 2020 graduates

The university is hosting an in-person commencement for class of 2020 alumni this spring. (Sakshi Joglekar/Assistant Photo editor)

By Justin Jung

UCLA will host an in-person commencement for the class of 2020 this spring.

The outdoor ceremony will be held June 12 and include alumni from the College of Letters and Science, International Institute, Herb Alpert School of Music, UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of Nursing, and School of Theater, Film and Television.

The university is also planning to organize additional ceremonies at Royce Hall from June 14 to June 16 if necessary because of demand.

In 2020, the university canceled in-person classes and events because of the COVID-19 pandemic, moving all commencement ceremonies to a virtual format.

Graduating students in the class of 2020 were offered the opportunity to participate in an in-person ceremony in fall 2021. Alumni who were unable to participate in fall 2021 can request tickets for the spring ceremony on the program website.

Justin Jung | News senior staff
Jung is a senior staff reporter and a photographer for the Bruin. He was a 2021-2022 assistant News editor for the campus politics and city and crime beats. Jung was also the 2020-2021 assistant Enterprise editor. Jung is a fourth-year global studies student.