Thursday, Oct. 21, 2021

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLACampus Safety

LA County will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination at indoor bars, venues

As of Oct. 7, Los Angeles County will require patrons and employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter indoor bars, nightclubs, wineries, breweries and lounges. (Ashley Kenney/Photo editor)

By Constanza Montemayor

Los Angeles County will now require proof of COVID-19 vaccination at indoor bars, nightclubs, wineries, breweries and lounges. Employees and patrons must have their first dose by Oct. 7, when the order will take effect. 

Barbara Ferrer, the director of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, announced at a Board of Supervisors meeting Wednesday that a new health order will require that both employees and patrons of LA establishments be fully vaccinated by Nov. 4, according to the Los Angeles Times. 

According to the Washington Post, the new order also specifies that workers and attendees of outdoor events with more than 10,000 people in attendance will be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the start of the event. 

More than 25,000 LA County residents have died of COVID-19, and as of Sept. 14, more than 1,000 people remain hospitalized, according to the LACDPH. As of Sept. 13, about 76% of LA County residents aged 12 and above have received at least one dose of the vaccine, according to the LACDPH.

The county’s current mask requirement in indoor public settings will continue to remain in place.

Constanza Montemayor | Features and student life editor
Montemayor is currently the 2020-2021 features and student life editor. She was previously a News reporter, Photo contributor for the news beat and Arts contributor. She is also a second-year global studies student at UCLA.
Child Care Wanted

Seeking energetic, kind babysitter for 4 & 7 yr old in Pacific Palisades. Care mainly involves school pick ups, homework supervision, & after school activities. Must have a reliable car for local driving. Gas will be reimbursed. Hours are generally 2:30-6pm M-Th & 1:30-6pm Fri. Rate $20-25/hr depending on experience. Pls email [email protected] if interested.