Interested in joining us? Apply HERE by October 3!

Sunday, Sept. 25, 2022

Abortion Rights 2022Allegations against UCLA Health gynecologists

UCLA ranked No. 5 nationally in QS World University Rankings

UCLA ranked No. 5 among more than 350 colleges and universities nationally in a QS Quacquarelli Symonds report released Wednesday. (Ashley Kenney/Assistant Photo editor)

By Christine Tran

UCLA was ranked No. 5 nationally in the QS Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings: USA report released Wednesday.

This year is the second year that QS, an analytics organization in global higher education, ranked more than 350 of the top universities in the United States. QS launched its university rankings in 2004 and mainly evaluated universities worldwide. QS previously ranked UCLA at No. 6 in its 2020 World University Rankings: USA report.

The universities are ranked based on the quality of research, learning experience, employability, diversity and internationalization – incorporating factors such as alumni salary, faculty diversity, number of Pell Grant recipients and academic reputation.

Other University of California schools within the top 10 include UC Berkeley, which was ranked No. 4.

Among all U.S. universities, Harvard University was named No. 1, followed by Stanford University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Christine Tran | National news and higher education editor
Tran is the 2021-2022 national news and higher education editor in addition to being a contributor for Enterprise. She is also a fourth-year political science student at UCLA.