Thursday, July 2, 2020

Advertise

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Injustice Protests

Dance Marathon 2020 canceled following COVID-19 concerns

The 19th annual Dance Marathon, hosted by the Pediatric AIDS Coalition at UCLA, has been canceled because of COVID-19. (MacKenzie Coffman/Daily Bruin senior staff)

By Kristin Snyder

March 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Dance Marathon 2020 has been cancelled in response to COVID-19.

In a statement posted to Instagram, the Pediatric AIDS Coalition at UCLA stated the event – which was originally scheduled to occur in Pauley Pavilion from April 18 to 19 – will no longer take place. The annual event has aimed to raise money for fighting pediatric AIDS and HIV for the past 18 years. The cancellation follows UCLA’s announcement that spring quarter classes will take place online.

PAC raised $130,000 for this year’s event prior to the cancellation, according to its statement. Last year, PAC raised $330,037.79 at the event, which featured performances from drag queen Lorelei and artists Lostboycrow and DaniLeigh.

Kristin Snyder | Podcast producer
Snyder is the Arts & Entertainment editor. She was previously the Theater|Film|Television editor.

ARIEL COURT APARTMENTS 535 Gayley Ave. PRIVATE STUDIO & ONE BEDROOM APARTMENTS available for Summer & Fall. Walk across the street to campus! Property features 24-hr package lockers, pool, spa, fitness ctr. & parking. Studio from $2,099, 1×1 from $2,400. Specials up to 2 MONTHS FREE! Mention this ad for $0 App. Fee. Call now (310) 208-3818 *** www.arielcourt.com ***