AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLAStudent at Capitol riots

Dance Marathon 2020 canceled following COVID-19 concerns

The 19th annual Dance Marathon, hosted by the Pediatric AIDS Coalition at UCLA, has been canceled because of COVID-19. (MacKenzie Coffman/Daily Bruin senior staff)

By Kristin Snyder

Dance Marathon 2020 has been cancelled in response to COVID-19.

In a statement posted to Instagram, the Pediatric AIDS Coalition at UCLA stated the event – which was originally scheduled to occur in Pauley Pavilion from April 18 to 19 – will no longer take place. The annual event has aimed to raise money for fighting pediatric AIDS and HIV for the past 18 years. The cancellation follows UCLA’s announcement that spring quarter classes will take place online.

PAC raised $130,000 for this year’s event prior to the cancellation, according to its statement. Last year, PAC raised $330,037.79 at the event, which featured performances from drag queen Lorelei and artists Lostboycrow and DaniLeigh.

Kristin Snyder | Podcast producer
Snyder is currently the Podcast producer and Arts staff. She was previously the 2019-2020 Arts editor as well as the 2018-2019 Theater | Film | Television editor.
Campus Happenings

EMPORIUM THAI is celebrating 21st anniversary and looking for awesome people to join our team ASAP (PT/FT) Servers, Food Expo, Counter Service, Buser, Cashier, Food Prep/Packer and Dishwasher. Submit your resume at https://www.ethaicuisine.com/careers