Friday, Dec. 2, 2022

UC Academic Worker StrikesNative American Heritage Month2022 Midterm Elections

Dance Marathon 2020 canceled following COVID-19 concerns

The 19th annual Dance Marathon, hosted by the Pediatric AIDS Coalition at UCLA, has been canceled because of COVID-19. (MacKenzie Coffman/Daily Bruin senior staff)

By Kristin Snyder

Dance Marathon 2020 has been cancelled in response to COVID-19.

In a statement posted to Instagram, the Pediatric AIDS Coalition at UCLA stated the event – which was originally scheduled to occur in Pauley Pavilion from April 18 to 19 – will no longer take place. The annual event has aimed to raise money for fighting pediatric AIDS and HIV for the past 18 years. The cancellation follows UCLA’s announcement that spring quarter classes will take place online.

PAC raised $130,000 for this year’s event prior to the cancellation, according to its statement. Last year, PAC raised $330,037.79 at the event, which featured performances from drag queen Lorelei and artists Lostboycrow and DaniLeigh.

Kristin Snyder | Alumna
Snyder was previously the 2019-2020 Arts editor as well as the 2018-2019 Theater | Film | Television editor.
Condo/Townhouse for Sale

1 Bedroom & 1 Bathroom condo in an excellent location in Westwood.1300 Midvale Ave Unit 409 Open living room is met by a kitchen which boasts floor-to-ceiling cabinets and a separated dining area. Master bedroom is bright and equipped with hefty closet space.The recently remodeled master bathroom includes a double vanity, bathtub and shower. The unit also comes with its very own private very large balcony!The building also includes a pool, spa, recreation room, gym, laundry room on each floor, subterranean community garage parking, and sun deck! Please Noushin Ahobim (310)-863-4325 or [email protected]