Friday, April 3

Fowler Museum and Hammer Museum to close in response to COVID-19

The Hammer Museum and the Fowler Museum at UCLA both plan on closing following advice from UCLA and health officials. (Daily Bruin file photos)

The Hammer Museum and the Fowler Museum at UCLA will soon close their doors.

As of Saturday, the Hammer Museum will close to the public in response to COVID-19. The museum plans on reopening based on advice from both UCLA and health officials, said senior public relations manager Nancy Lee in an emailed statement.

The Fowler plans on closing all galleries and canceling all public programs as of Sunday. This decision was based on guidance from both UCLA and Los Angeles County health officials. Both “Communication Systems in a Global Context” and “The Map and the Territory: 100 Years of Collecting at UCLA” were originally expected to open within the next month.

Previously, the Hammer Museum had gallery attendants open doors for visitors in order to lessen the number of people touching the door handles.

Updates for both museums can be found on their respective websites.

Follow all of our coronavirus coverage here

• Sierra

By doing on-line work I earn almost $22,000-$23,000 every 4 weeks. I lost my job in my company despite giving lots of time and hard work. an occupation that is trusted. I was never into internet scams schemes for instance quickly becoming “rich over night” that turned into marketing programs in which you will have to initially make interested customers and then sell a product to friends or any person so that they are going to be in your team. Online work provided me independence to work in my own space and time. I could commit more time with my loved ones and can go out for holidays. I started living my life the way I desired. Here’s the best way to start >>> yx.si/1ux