Country artist Brad Paisley to perform free concert at UCLA

Country musician Brad Paisley will perform a free show at UCLA on Oct. 21. (Creative Commons photo by Nesbitt_Photo via Flickr)

By Lindsay Weinberg

This post was updated Oct. 12 at 10:20 a.m.

Tickets remain available for country artist Brad Paisley’s free show at UCLA. Paisley will perform at the Los Angeles Tennis Center on Oct. 21 during Bruin Family Weekend. Doors open at 6 p.m.

The Campus Events Commission announced Monday that students could pick up tickets to the free concert at the Central Ticket Office until the end of the day Tuesday on a first-come, first-served basis. However, the CTO said it did not sell out on Tuesday, so it will continue distributing about 1,500 remaining tickets starting Wednesday. Students can show their BruinCard to receive three tickets while non-students can receive two tickets for free.

[Recent concert: Ty Dolla $ign headlines Bruin Bash 2016]

Jordan Dang, Campus Events commissioner, said his organization is helping promote the event.

On Sept. 19 IMG College announced Paisley’s second wave of the 2016 Brad Paisley Country Nation College Tour. The same announcement said country artist Brett Young will be the opening act at UCLA.

UCLA Athletics recently extended its multimedia rights partnership with WME | IMG, which manages sports figures and represents Paisley. IMG College, a division of WME | IMG, helped organize Paisley’s college tour.

Emily Vincent, a first-year undeclared student, heard about the concert when a friend texted her, reminding her to get a ticket.

Vincent said she knows a few songs but is not a huge fan of country music, and she was mostly drawn in by the free tickets. She got the maximum number of tickets – three – which she will probably share with her sorority friends.

Charlotte Peters, a third-year English student, was eating lunch at Feast Tuesday when she received a text about the show and made it to the CTO 10 minutes later. She plans to use her extra tickets to invite her roommate, who had to work during the CTO’s hours.

Peters said she would prefer to see alternative music in concert, or artists like Arcade Fire, but that she’s interested in a live concert of any sort of music.

Lindsay Weinberg | prime content editor
Weinberg is the prime content editor. She was previously the A&E editor and the assistant A&E editor for the lifestyle beat.