Professional women’s clubs on campus

Kelly Brennan/Daily Bruin

By Priyanka Nanayakkara

It can feel at times isolating for women studying and working in male-dominated environments. However, a host of clubs at UCLA are dedicated to talking about such issues, and creating communities for women in these fields.

Grace Ballor and Kelly McCormick are doctoral candidates in history and members of Women in History.

Third-year astrophysics student Kira Hart is a member of Phi Sigma Rho, a sorority for women in engineering.

Third-year electrical engineering student Jaclyn Yangyuen and first-year electrical engineering Allison Doami are members of Women Advancing Tech Through Teamwork, an organization looking to improve women and minority representation in electrical engineering.

Britney Sussman, a master of business administration candidate, is a member of Women’s Business Connection, which provides support to women pursuing an MBA at UCLA.

Fourth-year material science and engineering student Marina Dannecker is a member of the Society of Women Engineers.

Rashmi Raviprasad is a fourth-year astrophysics student and a member of Women in the Physical Sciences, which supports women in STEM fields.

Priyanka Nanayakkara