UCLA Store to accept on-campus meal swipes in market

The UCLA Store, which announced it would be accepting UCLA Dining meal swipes in its market, is pictured. (Daily Bruin file photo)

By Dylan Winward

The UCLA Store announced it will accept meal swipes for residents living on the Hill.

Students previously could exchange meal swipes in the 2022-2023 academic year, but the ability to do so was removed this academic year.

Students can now exchange a meal swipe for $9 in value toward food and beverage transactions in the UCLA Store market or at the Joe n’ Go coffee concession, according to a press release from ASUCLA. In order to exchange the swipe for a voucher, students will have to visit the customer service window within the store.

The new policy is limited to one swipe per transaction, meaning if transactions are above $9, students will have to pay the difference. Students can already exchange meal swipes for $9 of value at ASUCLA restaurants, including Northern Lights on North Campus and Rubio’s Coastal Grill in the Ackerman Union.

The move was made to further food accessibility for students on campus, said Jose Quiroz, the manager of the UCLA Store Market, in an ASUCLA press release.

“I hope all students find value in this convenient service that’s centrally located in the heart of campus,” Quiroz said.

Dylan Winward | Features and student life editor
Winward is the 2023-2024 features and student life editor. He was previously a News reporter for campus politics and features and student life. He is also a second-year statistics and english literature student.