Out of Bounds: UCLA softball Pac-12 recap, NCAA tournament preview

By Matthew Royer, Jon Christon, Jack Nelson, and Gavin Carlson

In the quarter’s third episode of Daily Bruin’s sports podcast, “Out of Bounds,” Sports staff writer Gavin Carlson sits down with Sports senior staff writer Matthew Royer and Assistant Sports Editor Jack Nelson of the softball beat to recap the first-ever Pac-12 softball tournament and discuss the Bruins’ potential championship run in the upcoming NCAA tournament.

Matthew Royer | National news and higher education editor
Royer is the 2023-2024 national news and higher education editor. He is also a Sports staff writer on the men’s soccer and softball beats. He was previously the 2022-2023 city and crime editor and a contributor on the features and student life beat. He is also a fourth-year political science student minoring in labor studies from West Hills, California.
Jon Christon | Sports senior staff
Christon is currently a Sports senior staff writer. He was previously the Sports editor on the men's basketball and football beats and the assistant Sports editor on the women's basketball, softball, men's tennis and women's tennis beats. Christon was previously a contributor on the women's basketball and softball beats.
Jack Nelson | Sports senior staff
Nelson is currently a Sports senior staff writer. He was previously an assistant Sports editor on the softball, men's tennis and women's tennis beats and a contributor on the men's tennis and women's tennis beats.
Gavin Carlson | Sports staff
Carlson is currently a staff writer on the football, men's basketball and women's basketball beats. He was previously a reporter on the softball and men's golf beats.