Monday, June 17, 2024

SJP and UC Divest Coalition Demonstrations at UCLAUCLA chancellor appointment

Raising Cane’s gives rise to a new chicken shop in Westwood

Broxton Avenue is pictured. Raising Cane’s will open in the future on the intersection of Weyburn and Broxton. (Daily Bruin file photo)

By Matthew Royer

This post was updated May 17 at 12:01 a.m. 

Raising Cane’s is coming to Westwood Village.

The Louisiana-based chicken restaurant chain has secured a lease at 10946 Weyburn Avenue, which is at the intersection of Weyburn and Broxton avenues, according to the building’s property managers.

It’s Boba Time, a restaurant specializing in milk teas and smoothies, currently occupies the prospective site for Raising Cane’s. The restaurant may have an entrance on both Weyburn and Broxton, said Michael Russell, the executive director of the Westwood Village Improvement Association.

Raising Cane’s recently expanded in Los Angeles, with locations in Burbank and Central Hollywood.

The restaurant’s menu features chicken tenders, Texas toast, coleslaw, french fries and its signature Cane’s sauce.

There is no current timeline for the restaurant’s opening.

Matthew Royer | National news and higher education editor
Royer is the 2023-2024 national news and higher education editor. He is also a Sports staff writer on the men’s soccer and softball beats and is Copy staff. He was previously the 2022-2023 city and crime editor and a contributor on the features and student life beat. He is also a fourth-year political science student minoring in labor studies from West Hills, California.

Furnished studio/bedroom unit w/private bath between UCLA and Santa Monica $1,175 month. Single bus public transport to UCLA or the beach. Txt 1(805)551-9922