UCPD looks for suspect involved in reported sexual battery incident off campus

By Matthew Royer

UCPD is searching for a suspect reportedly involved in an off-campus sexual battery Friday night.

The incident took place at the intersection of Gayley Avenue and Strathmore Drive around 10:25 p.m., according to a UCPD crime alert sent Monday morning.

The suspect, riding in a gray compact-sized Tesla with three other occupants, reportedly stopped the victim on her e-scooter and grabbed the victim’s buttocks before fleeing the scene. 

The UCPD crime alert described the suspect as a college-aged man with brown hair. Officials gave no description of the Tesla’s other occupants.

The victim is a UCLA student, according to the alert.

No injuries were reported as related to the incident. 

This case is currently under investigation. Anyone with information can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Matthew Royer | National news and higher education editor
Royer is the 2023-2024 national news and higher education editor. He is also a Sports staff writer on the men’s soccer and softball beats. He was previously the 2022-2023 city and crime editor and a contributor on the features and student life beat. He is also a fourth-year political science student minoring in labor studies from West Hills, California.