UCPD searching for suspects involved in hot prowl burglary of fraternity house

By Matthew Royer

UCPD is searching for two suspects reportedly involved in an off-campus hot prowl burglary Friday morning.

The incident took place on the 500 Block of Landfair Avenue around 8 a.m., according to a UCPD crime alert sent Monday morning.

The suspects reportedly entered the occupied Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house and stole the sleeping occupants’ property, including laptops and wallets, among other items.

UCPD described one suspect as a thin 30-year-old Black man with black hair, wearing a blue jean jacket, blue jeans and a gray backpack. UCPD described the other suspect as a woman of an unknown race with a medium build, wearing a dark blue jean jacket, black pants, a blue surgical mask and carrying an orange backpack and blue handbag.

The victims are UCLA students, according to the alert.

No injuries or vehicles were reported as related to the incident. 

This case is currently under investigation. Anyone with information can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Matthew Royer | National news and higher education editor
Royer is the 2023-2024 national news and higher education editor. He is also a Sports staff writer on the men’s soccer and softball beats. He was previously the 2022-2023 city and crime editor and a contributor on the features and student life beat. He is also a fourth-year political science student minoring in labor studies from West Hills, California.