Friday, Dec. 2, 2022

UC Academic Worker StrikesNative American Heritage Month2022 Midterm Elections

Four-star guard Sebastian Mack commits to UCLA men’s basketball as 2023 recruit

Coach Mick Cronin looks toward the bench. Cronin added his third recruit in the 2023 recruiting class Wednesday night with the commitment of four-star guard Sebastian Mack. (Joseph Jimenez/Assistant Photo editor)

By Jon Christon

This post was updated Nov. 16 at 5:30 p.m.

Coach Mick Cronin has added another piece to his 2023 recruiting class.

Four-star guard Sebastian Mack announced his commitment to UCLA men’s basketball on Wednesday evening, choosing the blue and gold over Oklahoma and Florida State. Mack marks the Bruins’ third pledge in the class of 2023, joining four-star forwards Brandon Williams and Devin Williams.

“Sebastian is an explosive athlete and has developed into an elite scorer,” Cronin said in a written statement. “He’s a great competitor who also brings toughness and defense to the gym.” 

Wednesday marked the last day players can sign their national letter of intent before the end of college basketball’s early signing period. Mack took his first visit to Westwood over the past weekend, committing to UCLA only a few days later.

The 6-foot-4, 180-pound shooting guard hails from Henderson, Nevada, playing for Coronado High School. He ranks as the 101st-best player in his class, according to 247Sports’ composite ranking, and the 14th-ranked shooting guard. 

Mack will likely join redshirt freshman guard Will McClendon and freshman guard Dylan Andrews in the Bruins’ guard room next season.   

“His shooting ability is definitely something that we need to add, seeing as (guards) Tyger Campbell and David Singleton are currently seniors,” Cronin said. “We cannot wait to get him to Westwood.”

Jon Christon | Sports senior staff
Christon is currently a Sports senior staff writer. He was previously the Sports editor on the men's basketball and football beats and the assistant Sports editor on the women's basketball, softball, men's tennis and women's tennis beats. Christon was previously a contributor on the women's basketball and softball beats.
Condo/Townhouse for Sale

1 Bedroom & 1 Bathroom condo in an excellent location in Westwood.1300 Midvale Ave Unit 409 Open living room is met by a kitchen which boasts floor-to-ceiling cabinets and a separated dining area. Master bedroom is bright and equipped with hefty closet space.The recently remodeled master bathroom includes a double vanity, bathtub and shower. The unit also comes with its very own private very large balcony!The building also includes a pool, spa, recreation room, gym, laundry room on each floor, subterranean community garage parking, and sun deck! Please Noushin Ahobim (310)-863-4325 or [email protected]