Monday, July 4, 2022

LA Municipal Elections 2022Abortion Rights 2022Allegations against UCLA Health gynecologists

UCPD investigates reported off-campus assault on Gayley Avenue

By Maanas Hemanth Oruganti and Justin Jung

University police are looking for a suspect reportedly involved in an off-campus assault Monday.

The incident took place on the 700 block of Gayley Avenue around 6:40 a.m., according to a UCPD crime alert sent Monday.

The suspect reportedly followed the victim, making threats with sexually explicit language. UCPD classified the crime as an assault with intent to commit sexual assault. 

The victim is a UCLA student, according to the alert.

UCPD described the suspect as a bald man in his 40s with a thin, muscular build and neck tattoos. He was described as wearing a dark sweater and pants.

No injuries or related vehicles were reported. 

This case is currently under investigation. Anyone with information can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Maanas Hemanth Oruganti | News senior staff
Oruganti is the city and crime editor. He was also the 2020-2021 Enterprise editor and a News staff writer in the City & Crime and Science & Health beats 2020. He is also a fourth-year cognitive science student at UCLA.
Justin Jung | News senior staff
Jung is a senior staff reporter and a photographer for the Bruin. He was a 2021-2022 assistant News editor for the campus politics and city and crime beats. Jung was also the 2020-2021 assistant Enterprise editor. Jung is a third-year global studies and geography student.
Apartments Furnished

Village Lofts: Westwood’s Newest Upscale Apartment Community- FULLY FURNISHED 2 or 3 bedrooms adjacent to UCLA medical center! Rooftop Sun Decks, Study Rooms, Fitness Center, Secure Access, Garage Parking! Call 424-248-3946!