Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Allegations against UCLA Health gynecologistsUSAC Elections 2022Abortion Rights 2022Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Power outage affects multiple streets in North Village of Westwood

By Justin Jung

This post was updated Jan. 21 at 5:32 p.m.

A power outage affected parts of Westwood Village and the North Village around 1 a.m. on Friday.

Multiple streets were affected by the power outage, including Midvale Avenue, Kelton Avenue and Glenrock Avenue.

Buildings on Gayley and Broxton avenues between Le Conte and Kinross avenues were also affected. The traffic signals at the intersections of Weyburn and Gayley avenues as well as Weyburn and Broxton avenues were also disrupted.

All traffic signals on Gayley Avenue north of Weyburn Avenue were disrupted as well.

According to an outage alert by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power as of 5 p.m., a repair crew is working on the Westwood outage. Service is gradually being restored, with the expected time for completion delayed to 7:30 p.m. As of 5 p.m., 1,254 customers were still being affected by the outage, according to LADWP.

Justin Jung | News senior staff
Jung is a senior staff reporter and a photographer for the Bruin. He was a 2021-2022 assistant News editor for the campus politics and city and crime beats. Jung was also the 2020-2021 assistant Enterprise editor. Jung is a third-year global studies and geography student.
Help Wanted

VISION CARE ASSOCIATES A SPECIALTY CONTACT LENSE PRACTICE IS SEEKING A MOTIVATED INDIVIDUAL. The ideal candidate must posses a positive attitude and be dedicated to delivering excellent customer-patient service in a medical setting at all times. Part-time positions available. Email resume to [email protected]