Thursday, Aug. 18, 2022

Abortion Rights 2022Allegations against UCLA Health gynecologists

Crimewatch: September 2021

By Justin Jung and Lindsey Parungo

UCPD recorded 586 unique entries in its September daily crime log.

Sources: UCPD. Graphic reporting by Justin Jung, city and crime editor. Graphic by Alex Yoo, Graphics editor. Interactive by Lindsey Parungo, assistant Data editor.

University police received 125 crime reports in September that resulted in active police cases.

Of the 125 crime reports resulting in cases, 54 were open cases and 71 were closed or inactive, as of Oct. 3, according to a UCPD crime and fire log.

Theft and burglary was the most common category, with 62 reports resulting in cases, followed by 16 reports of assault and battery, according to the log.

UCPD also recorded 461 incidents that did not result in active cases, with the following statuses as of Oct. 3:

Detail handled: no report: 105

Report taken: 54

Information only: 41

Non-criminal matter: 106

Warned or advised: 31

Canceled (by any party): 52

Victim not desirous of report: 11

Referred to outside agency: 29

Unable to locate: 21

Field interviewed: 6

Courtesy report: 5

Of the 461 incidents not resulting in cases, seven were categorized as rape or other sex crime. Three were categorized as rape reports, two were categorized as sexual battery reports and three were categorized as indecent exposure.

Data for this story was obtained as a public record under the Jeanne Clery Act, which requires universities to report campus crime data.

Some cases listed in this story are currently under investigation. Anyone with information can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Justin Jung | News senior staff
Jung is a senior staff reporter and a photographer for the Bruin. He was a 2021-2022 assistant News editor for the campus politics and city and crime beats. Jung was also the 2020-2021 assistant Enterprise editor. Jung is a third-year global studies and geography student.
Lindsey Parungo | Data editor
Parungo is the Data editor. She was previously a developer for The Stack. She is a third-year financial and actuarial mathematics student.
Child Care Wanted

Seeking a babysitter to help with after school pickup Monday-Friday for 2 girls aged 4 and 8 both attending the same school (Cheviot Hills). Responsibilities include, homework help, driving to activities (gymnastics, dance, basketball, swim) and light dinner prep for the kids. Pickup time varies depending on day of week (earliest is 1:30p) and ending at 6:30p each day. 15-20hrs/week. Looking for a kind, fun and reliable person with a safe vehicle. Thank you! 646-745-4351