Thursday, Aug. 18, 2022

Abortion Rights 2022Allegations against UCLA Health gynecologists

Crimewatch – August 2021

By Justin Jung and Laurel Woods

Source: UCLA Police Department. Graphic reporting by Justin Jung, city and crime editor. Graphic by Alex Yoo, Graphics editor. Interactive by Laurel Woods, Data editor.

University police received 89 crime reports in August that resulted in active police cases.

As of Sept. 2, of the 89 crime reports resulting in cases, 32 were open cases and 57 were closed or inactive cases, according to a UCPD crime and fire log.

Theft and burglary was the most common category with 32 reports resulting in cases, followed by drug and controlled substance with 20 cases, according to the log.

Two reports with open cases as of Sept. 2, on Aug. 13 and 19, respectively, did not have any categorical or location data released in the crime log.

UCPD also recorded 372 incidents that did not result in active cases, with the following statuses as of Sept. 2:

Detail handled, no report: 82

Report taken: 38

Information only: 33

Noncriminal matter: 62

Warned or advised: 26

Canceled (by any party): 46

Victim not desirous of report: 22

Referred to outside agency: 25

Unable to locate: 26

Field interviewed: 9

Courtesy report: 3

Of the 372 incidents not resulting in cases, 13 were categorized by UCPD as rape or other sexual crimes. Six were categorized as rape reports and seven were categorized as indecent exposure reports.

Data for this story was obtained as a public record under the Jeanne Clery Act, which requires universities to report campus crime data.

Some cases listed in this story are currently under investigation. Anyone with information can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Justin Jung | News senior staff
Jung is a senior staff reporter and a photographer for the Bruin. He was a 2021-2022 assistant News editor for the campus politics and city and crime beats. Jung was also the 2020-2021 assistant Enterprise editor. Jung is a third-year global studies and geography student.
Laurel Woods | Data editor
Woods is the 2021-2022 Data editor. She is also a fourth-year cognitive science student.
Child Care Wanted

Seeking a babysitter to help with after school pickup Monday-Friday for 2 girls aged 4 and 8 both attending the same school (Cheviot Hills). Responsibilities include, homework help, driving to activities (gymnastics, dance, basketball, swim) and light dinner prep for the kids. Pickup time varies depending on day of week (earliest is 1:30p) and ending at 6:30p each day. 15-20hrs/week. Looking for a kind, fun and reliable person with a safe vehicle. Thank you! 646-745-4351