Westwood Village Rewards set to officially launch next month

The new Westwood Village Rewards program has soft-launched, offering local shoppers and diners rewards points and discounts. Participating businesses include Fellow, Enzo’s Pizzeria and Pinches Tacos. (Daily Bruin file photo)

By Justin Jung

The Westwood Village Rewards program soft-launched Aug. 16, offering rewards to diners and shoppers in the Village.

During the ongoing soft launch, individuals can register for an account on the reward program’s website and link their credit cards to their rewards account. After registering, shoppers can get rewards at any participating store or restaurant by using a linked credit card, according to the program’s website.

Some participating stores and restaurants include Northern Cafe Chinese Hot Pot, Junbi and Westwood Wireless. Rewards vary from store to store, including store points, percent discounts and complimentary items.

The program will replace some stores’ existing rewards programs, including physical punch cards and physical coupons, the website read.

The Westwood Village Improvement Association, an organizer of the rewards program, is hoping to add more merchants to the rewards program, said Andrew Thomas, the WVIA executive director.

The rewards program is planned to officially launch with all participating stores on Sept. 19, the day of the UCLA Westwood Village Block Party, Thomas added.

Justin Jung | News senior staff
Jung is a senior staff reporter and a photographer for the Bruin. He was a 2021-2022 assistant News editor for the campus politics and city and crime beats. Jung was also the 2020-2021 assistant Enterprise editor. Jung is a fourth-year global studies student.