Saturday, July 31, 2021

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLABruins at the Olympics

University police search for suspect involved in reported strong-arm robbery

By Justin Jung

University police are looking for a suspect who reportedly robbed and attacked an individual Monday evening.

The incident occured in the outside dining area of Ralphs at the 10800 block of Le Conte Avenue around 8:05 p.m., according to a UCPD crime alert sent Tuesday.

The suspect reportedly stole the victim’s backpack while she was seated outside of Ralphs. When the victim confronted the suspect and asked for her backpack to be returned, the suspect reportedly punched her in the face and fled.

UCPD described the suspect as a 5-foot-10-inch Black man around 160 pounds. The suspect was reported to be around 30-35 years old with black hair and wearing a dark t-shirt, black pants and black shoes.  

According to the crime alert, the victim was injured on the face and no vehicles were related to the incident.

The case is currently under investigation. Anyone with information can call UCPD at 310-8235-1491.

Justin Jung | City and crime editor
Jung is the 2021-2022 assistant News editor for the city and crime beat and was previously the assistant Enterprise editor. He is also a photographer and Copy contributor for the Daily Bruin. Jung is a third-year global studies and geography student.

2250 S. Beverly Glen Blvd: 1+1 & 2+2 apts available! Central A/C, private balcony, dishwasher, on-site laundry & parking. Spacious, bright & recently remodeled. Call/text 424-209-8450