Former Oregon forward Angela Dugalic announces her intention to transfer to UCLA

Former Oregon forward Angela Dugalic (No. 25) played 24 games last season with the Ducks, averaging 3.4 points and 4.0 rebounds in 12.2 minutes per game. Dugalic announced her intentions to transfer to UCLA women’s basketball on Wednesday. (Courtesy of Mark Sobhani/NCAA Photos)

By Jon Christon

The newest Pac-12 transfer won’t have to switch conferences after all.

UCLA women’s basketball secured a commitment from forward Angela Dugalic via Twitter on Wednesday morning, the Bruins’ fourth transfer commit of the offseason. Dugalic – a former consensus five-star recruit in the class of 2020 – played last season with conference-rival Oregon before entering the transfer portal a little over a week ago.

The former McDonald’s All-American stands at 6-foot-4 – tied for the tallest player on UCLA’s current roster with rising sophomore forward Emily Bessoir. Dugalic played 12.2 minutes per game with the Ducks during the 2020-2021 season, scoring 3.4 points and 4.0 rebounds per game in her lone season in Eugene. 

Many of the forward’s collegiate career highs came against the Bruins on January 3, as the new transfer scored 13 points on 6-of-10 shooting while grabbing nine rebounds and dishing out three assists in a losing effort for her former team.

In high school, Dugalic was named the 2020 Illinois Ms. Basketball after averaging 20.6 points, 10.3 rebounds, 2.7 steals and 1.7 blocks per game for Maine West High School, placing her as the No. 22 ranked high-school recruit by ESPN.

Dugalic’s commitment caps off a busy offseason for the Bruins. After losing three graduates from last year’s roster, UCLA brings in nine new recruits, ranging from transfers with immediate eligibility to class of 2023 high school players. The Bruins also return four players from the 2020-2021 roster that did not play this past season because of complications with COVID-19 protocols. 

UCLA fans may get an early look at Dugalic before the season begins, as the new Bruin is training to compete in the Tokyo Olympics with the Serbian National Team before bringing her talents to Westwood in the fall.

Jon Christon | Sports senior staff
Christon is currently a Sports senior staff writer. He was previously the Sports editor on the men's basketball and football beats and the assistant Sports editor on the women's basketball, softball, men's tennis and women's tennis beats. Christon was previously a contributor on the women's basketball and softball beats.