Wednesday, June 16, 2021

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLAViolence in Palestinian Territories and Israel2021 Pride Month

UCLA outdoor sporting events to allow some team guests starting Friday

Limited capacity will be allowed at Jackie Robinson Stadium and all other UCLA outdoor sporting event venues beginning Friday, UCLA Athletics announced Monday. UCLA baseball, which will open a three-game set against Utah on Friday night, is one of seven impacted programs. (David Rimer/Daily Bruin staff)

By Taiyo Keilin

The Bruins are one step closer to filling seats again.

UCLA Athletics announced Monday morning – in compliance with state and county guidelines – that outdoor home sporting events will be open to a limited capacity of players’ families and guests, starting Friday.

Tickets will not be available to the general public, and UCLA advises those without tickets to not attend the game venues. The guests who are invited to the contests will have specific protocols that guests, the players and the staff must follow to attend any sporting event.

The announcement said all attendees must be California residents, and the seating will be in blocks of four or fewer for single households only. All in attendance are required to maintain proper social distancing, sit in their designated areas and wear a face covering at all times when they are not actively eating or drinking.

The first event the update affects is No. 9 UCLA women’s tennis’ match against USC on Friday at 1:30 p.m. It is the last regular-season match for the Pac-12 champion Bruins this season.

Later that day, No. 2 UCLA softball will open up a four-game series against Oregon State at Easton Stadium with first pitch at 4 p.m. Two hours later, UCLA baseball will play host to Utah at Jackie Robinson Stadium.

The four other outdoor sports currently in season are No. 34 men’s tennis, which will play its next home match April 21 against No. 30 Pepperdine, No. 1 beach volleyball, playing at Mapes Beach on April 22 versus No. 2 USC, No. 2 women’s water polo – which has a pair of meetings with No. 1 USC at Spieker Aquatics Center on April 24 and 25 – and track and field, as it will host USC at Drake Stadium on May 2.

Taiyo Keilin | Assistant Sports editor
Keilin is currently an assistant Sports editor on the baseball, women's soccer, cross country, women's golf and men's golf beats. He was previously a contributor on the baseball, women's golf and men's golf beats.

WESTWOOD VILLAGE 2BR 1 Bath $3,000; Large and extra large 1BR 1 Bath $2,600 and $2,700 (perfect for three people); parking included. Available July 1 OR September 1. Beautifully landscaped courtyard building, laundry room, pool. 691 Levering Avenue leveringheights.com (310) 208-3647