AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLAStudent at Capitol riots

Buildings on the Hill lose power, administrators working to resolve issue

The Hill experienced a power outage Friday evening, UCLA Housing said in a tweet. The outage started around 8:50 p.m. (Kanishka Mehra/Photo editor)

By Bernard Mendez and Constanza Montemayor

The power went out on the Hill on Friday evening, according to a tweet from UCLA Housing.

The outage began around 8:50 p.m. Power was restored to some buildings as of 10:30 p.m., UCLA spokesperson Ricardo Vazquez said in a statement. 

UCLA Housing said in a tweet that it is planning to turn the power on. Crews are working to restore full power as of 10:30 p.m., Vazquez said.

Bernard Mendez | News editor
Mendez is the 2020-2021 News editor. He was previously a staff news reporter for the Science & Health beat and a developer for The Stack. He is also a third-year math student at UCLA.
Campus Happenings

EMPORIUM THAI is celebrating 21st anniversary and looking for awesome people to join our team ASAP (PT/FT) Servers, Food Expo, Counter Service, Buser, Cashier, Food Prep/Packer and Dishwasher. Submit your resume at https://www.ethaicuisine.com/careers