Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2022

Abortion Rights 2022Allegations against UCLA Health gynecologists

Buildings on the Hill lose power, administrators working to resolve issue

The Hill experienced a power outage Friday evening, UCLA Housing said in a tweet. The outage started around 8:50 p.m. (Kanishka Mehra/Photo editor)

By Bernard Mendez and Constanza Montemayor

The power went out on the Hill on Friday evening, according to a tweet from UCLA Housing.

The outage began around 8:50 p.m. Power was restored to some buildings as of 10:30 p.m., UCLA spokesperson Ricardo Vazquez said in a statement. 

UCLA Housing said in a tweet that it is planning to turn the power on. Crews are working to restore full power as of 10:30 p.m., Vazquez said.

Bernard Mendez
Mendez was the 2020-2021 News editor. He was previously a staff news reporter for the Science & Health beat and a developer for The Stack. He is also a third-year math student at UCLA.
Constanza Montemayor | Features and student life editor
Montemayor is currently the 2020-2021 features and student life editor. She was previously a News reporter, Photo contributor for the news beat and Arts contributor. She is also a second-year global studies student at UCLA.
Child Care Wanted

Seeking a babysitter to help with after school pickup Monday-Friday for 2 girls aged 4 and 8 both attending the same school (Cheviot Hills). Responsibilities include, homework help, driving to activities (gymnastics, dance, basketball, swim) and light dinner prep for the kids. Pickup time varies depending on day of week (earliest is 1:30p) and ending at 6:30p each day. 15-20hrs/week. Looking for a kind, fun and reliable person with a safe vehicle. Thank you! 646-745-4351