Graphic: Finding UCLA women’s basketball’s third star

By Ben Brill and Jon Christon

This post was updated March 16 at 1:10 p.m.

As No. 9 UCLA women’s basketball prepares for its upcoming NCAA tournament run, it holds two of the Pac-12’s four leading scorers in senior forward Michaela Onyenwere and sophomore guard Charisma Osborne. However, beyond them, only one other Bruin averages double-digit points per game. Daily Bruin Sports takes a look at who could potentially step up for UCLA to take the pressure off Osborne and Onyenwere in March.

Redshirt senior guard Natalie Chou
Season stats: 10.0 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 1.8 APG, 29.9 MPG

UCLA’s most experienced NCAA tournament player – she played in seven tournament games with Baylor from 2017-2018 – Chou currently stands as the Bruins’ third-leading scorer, but most of Chou’s production comes from scoring, as she ranks just fifth on the team in both rebounds and assists. In UCLA’s three Pac-12 tournament games this year, Chou’s scoring decreased to only 6.3 points per game across the three contests.

Senior forward Lauryn Miller
Season stats: 6.7 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 2.3 APG, 25 MPG

Aside from Onyenwere and Osborne, Miller is the only other Bruin to start all 21 games in the season. Though she does not lead UCLA in any statistical categories, Miller is third on the team with 48 assists on the season while manning the post position. Miller is also among the most experienced players on the team and now has nearly four total years of experience playing with Onyenwere. Miller was the team’s third-leading scorer in the Pac-12 tournament at seven points per game over the three games in Las Vegas.

Redshirt junior guard Lindsey Corsaro
Season stats: 5.3 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 3.0 APG, 33.1 MPG

While Corsaro ranks only seventh on the team in scoring, only Onyenwere has played more career minutes as a Bruin than Corsaro has across her five seasons in Westwood. Corsaro has been a part of three tournament runs with UCLA – including the team’s Elite Eight run in 2018 – and currently ranks second on the team in both minutes and assists. In her three career NCAA tournament games, Corsaro averaged 11.3 points per game – including a career-high 18 points in 2018 – but was held to just four points per game during the Pac-12 tournament.

Ben Brill
Jon Christon | Sports senior staff
Christon is currently a Sports senior staff writer. He was previously the Sports editor on the men's basketball and football beats and the assistant Sports editor on the women's basketball, softball, men's tennis and women's tennis beats. Christon was previously a contributor on the women's basketball and softball beats.