Allegations against UCLA Health gynecologistsUSAC Elections 2022Abortion Rights 2022Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Men’s basketball game against Oregon postponed over COVID-19 tracing protocols

UCLA men’s basketball had its third game of the season postponed when Wednesday’s matchup with No. 25 Oregon was postponed because of COVID-19 contact tracing protocols.

By Jon Christon

Add the Ducks to the list of Bruin postponements.

UCLA men’s basketball’s (5-2, 1-0 Pac-12) game against No. 25 Oregon (6-1, 1-0) has been postponed indefinitely because of COVID-19 contact tracing protocols relating to the game officials. At least one official tested positive for COVID-19.

No makeup date has been set, with the Pac-12 saying it will “work with both programs to attempt to find a mutually agreeable date to reschedule the contest.” 

The game was originally postponed for two hours just minutes before the original tipoff time of 12 p.m. as the conference awaited testing results, and now that postponement has been extended indefinitely.

The game would have marked the second straight ranked opponent for the Bruins and the start of UCLA’s playing conference games for the rest of the regular season.

This is the third game UCLA has seen postponed because of COVID-19 protocol, with the previous two both being games against Long Beach State. 

With this game postponed, UCLA will next play against Utah on Dec. 31 in Pauley Pavilion.

Jon Christon | Sports editor
Christon is currently the Sports editor and a reporter on the men's basketball and football beats. He was previously an assistant Sports editor on the women's basketball, softball, men's tennis and women's tennis beats and a reporter on the women's basketball and softball beats.
Guesthouse for Rent

Charming furnished BelAir guesthouse with verdant patio only for a Single person. Includes parking space, gas, water and power. Renter must be a dog lover and willing to house sit two small dogs, as part of rental arrangement. Rent $1,250. Contact Srila 3107094411