UCLA football’s Demetric Felton declares for 2021 NFL Draft

After a season in which he doubled his collegiate touchdown total, redshirt senior running back Demetric Felton announced via social media that he declared for the 2021 NFL Draft. (Liz Ketcham/Daily Bruin senior staff)

By Kyle Boal

Dec. 20, 2020 11:16 a.m.

All good things must come to an end.

UCLA football’s redshirt senior running back Demetric Felton announced on social media that he declared for the 2021 NFL Draft. He will forego the extra year of eligibility given to all NCAA student-athletes this season because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Felton did not play in the Bruins’ final game against Stanford, but was one of two seniors honored before kickoff at the Rose Bowl, joining defensive lineman Osa Odighizuwa.

Both Felton and Odighizuwa have already accepted invitations to participate in the Reese’s Senior Bowl in November.

Vendetta Sports Media has Felton as one of the five biggest draft risers as of Dec. 1, while RotoWorld has the Temecula product as a late Day 2 or early Day 3 selection.

The 5-foot-10 converted receiver finished this season with more than half of his career rushing yards, tallying 668 yards and five touchdowns out of a career 1,101 yards and seven touchdowns.

Playing in only six games in 2020, Felton went over 100 yards three times, including a career-high 206-yard performance against Arizona on Nov. 28.

A season prior, Felton set the school record for most scoring plays over 75 yards with four. He hauled in seven receptions for 150 yards, two touchdowns and a kickoff return score in the third-largest comeback in college football history as UCLA defeated Washington State 67-63. He finished the year 594 receiving yards and 331 yards on the ground.

With his departure, UCLA still has graduate transfer Brittain Brown, redshirt freshman Keegan Jones and redshirt sophomore Kazmeir Allen as potential options at running back next season, while the Bruins also signed four-star running back Deshun Murrell earlier this week.

Kyle Boal | Sports senior staff
Boal is currently a Sports senior staff writer on the women's water polo beat. He was an assistant Sports editor on the gymnastics, rowing, swim and dive, men's water polo and women's water polo beats. Boal was previously a contributor on the men's water polo and women's water polo beats.