Pac-12 releases football schedule, with UCLA to first face off against Colorado

Redshirt senior running back Demetric Felton and UCLA football learned the new Pac-12 football schedule amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The seven-game schedule includes five games against division opponents, one cross-divisional opponent and a seventh to-be-determined game. (Kanishka Mehra/Photo editor)

By Jack Perez

The next major step in the Bruins’ return was checked off the list.

The Pac-12 released its full football schedule Saturday, giving UCLA football clarity about the upcoming season.

UCLA will start with Colorado on the road Nov. 7. The rest of the games include Utah, Oregon, Arizona, Arizona State and USC, in that order, alternating between home and road games, starting with Utah.

The Bruins will face a Buffalo team coming off a 5-7 season, including a 31-14 loss to UCLA at the Rose Bowl. 

UCLA will see a familiar face on the sideline as Colorado recently hired former Bruin receiver Karl Dorrell. Dorrell played in Westwood from 1982 to 1986 and was the head coach of UCLA from 2003 to 2007. 

The Ducks will be the Bruins’ lone scheduled matchup outside of the South division. Oregon was the only conference team UCLA was not supposed to play when the Pac-12 released a 10-game conference schedule back in July.

UCLA will play a seventh game on either Dec. 18 or 19. The conference will provide updates on how the matchups will be determined sometime in the next few weeks.

This will be the first time since 1933 that UCLA will not have rival California on its schedule, although the two squads may meet up in the to-be-determined seventh game. Additionally, UCLA will miss out on playing Stanford for the first time since 1946 after snapping an 11-game losing streak to the Cardinal last season.

Jack Perez | Alumnus
Perez was the Sports editor for the 2020-2021 school year. He was previously an assistant Sports editor for the men's volleyball, women's water polo and track and field beats during the 2019-2020 school year and a staff writer on the gymnastics, beach volleyball, women's water polo and men's water polo beats.