Friday, Sept. 25, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

UCLA named top public university by US News and World Report for fourth time in a row

UCLA was ranked as the No. 1 public university in the U.S., according to U.S. News & World Report. (Kanishka Mehra/Photo editor)

By Bernard Mendez

For the fourth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranked UCLA as the No. 1 public university in the U.S.

U.S. News & World Report releases annual rankings of U.S. universities, based on nine areas, including undergraduate academic reputation, admissions selectivity, retention rate and financial resources for students.

UCLA was also ranked as the 20th overall university, the fifth overall university for veterans and tied for 13th overall university for social mobility, which is based on the performance of Pell Grant recipients.

“It’s always wonderful to see UCLA recognized nationally, but it’s especially heartening at this challenging time,” Chancellor Gene Block said in a UCLA Newsroom press release. “UCLA stands resolute in our mission of education, research and service and in our commitment to advancing access, opportunity and diversity as a top public institution.”

Five other UC campuses ranked in the top 15 public universities, including UC Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine, UC San Diego and UC Davis.

Princeton University ranked as the top U.S. university, followed by Harvard University, Columbia University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Yale University.

Bernard Mendez | News editor
Mendez is the 2020-2021 News editor. He was previously a staff news reporter for the Science & Health beat and a developer for The Stack. He is also a third-year math student at UCLA.
Guesthouse for Rent

CHARMING GUEST HOUSE for a single student for rent in Bel Air with its own secluded verdant patio and one mile from UCLA. Low rent of $1,000 includes Sofa, queen-size bed, utilities, washer/dryer, kitchenette and parking. Renter must be a dog lover and willing to house sit two small dogs, as part of rental arrangement. Srila âª(310) 709-4411⬠âª[email protected]â¬