Interested in joining us? Apply HERE by October 3!

Friday, Sept. 30, 2022

UCLA named top public university by US News and World Report for fourth time in a row

UCLA was ranked as the No. 1 public university in the U.S., according to U.S. News & World Report. (Kanishka Mehra/Photo editor)

By Bernard Mendez

For the fourth consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranked UCLA as the No. 1 public university in the U.S.

U.S. News & World Report releases annual rankings of U.S. universities, based on nine areas, including undergraduate academic reputation, admissions selectivity, retention rate and financial resources for students.

UCLA was also ranked as the 20th overall university, the fifth overall university for veterans and tied for 13th overall university for social mobility, which is based on the performance of Pell Grant recipients.

“It’s always wonderful to see UCLA recognized nationally, but it’s especially heartening at this challenging time,” Chancellor Gene Block said in a UCLA Newsroom press release. “UCLA stands resolute in our mission of education, research and service and in our commitment to advancing access, opportunity and diversity as a top public institution.”

Five other UC campuses ranked in the top 15 public universities, including UC Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine, UC San Diego and UC Davis.

Princeton University ranked as the top U.S. university, followed by Harvard University, Columbia University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Yale University.

Bernard Mendez
Mendez was the 2020-2021 News editor. He was previously a staff news reporter for the Science & Health beat and a developer for The Stack. He is also a third-year math student at UCLA.
Help Wanted

MEDICAL RECORDS/OFFICE CLERK WANTED for Encino Neuropsychology group practice. 8-10 hrs/wk, schedule is flexible – will work around your class schedule. Will train but one year commitment required. $18/hour. Great experience for psychology, neuroscience, pre-med or health science majors but all welcome to apply. Please send resume to [email protected] icloud.com