Saturday, Aug. 15, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

UCEAP suspends all upcoming fall 2020 and yearlong study abroad programs

The University of California Education Abroad Program announced that all fall 2020 study abroad programs will be canceled in an email sent to students enrolled in fall and yearlong term programs. (Xuxin Zhang/Daily Bruin)

By Bernard Mendez

The University of California Education Abroad Program announced all fall study abroad programs are canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic, according to an email sent to students enrolled in the fall term and yearlong programs. 

The cancellation includes programs scheduled for the fall 2020 term and yearlong 2020-2021 programs.

UCEAP considered a potential second wave of COVID-19 and was unsure how abroad universities would support students in the event of a second wave, according to the email. 

Students will not be charged cancellation or withdrawal fees, and have the option to transfer their applications to the spring term or to reapply to the fall 2021 term, according to the email.

Plans for study abroad programs for the spring 2021 term have not been announced yet. 

UCLA announced it was canceling summer travel study, global internships and summer global cities programs in an email sent in early March. UCEAP later canceled all summer study abroad programs in March.

Bernard Mendez | News editor
Mendez is the 2020-2021 News editor. He was previously a staff news reporter for the Science & Health beat and a developer for The Stack. He is also a third-year math student at UCLA.

Beverly Hills Jason, Sunset Blvd and Doheny Dr. Upper Large Studio Appartment,l arge balcony, city view, full kitchen, full bathroom, parquet floor, hot and cold water, garbage, quiet building, available now. Studio $1995,1*1 $2295 #310-991-4777 only no email please.