Friday, Aug. 14, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

UCLA men’s basketball’s Jalen Hill withdraws name from NBA Draft pool

Redshirt sophomore forward/center Jalen Hill – UCLA men’s basketball’s rebounds and blocks leader this season – has withdrawn his name from the NBA Draft pool. Hill will likely return to Westwood this fall. (Kanishka Mehra/Assistant Photo editor)

By Jack Perez

Coach Mick Cronin got one of his players back for the next season.

Redshirt sophomore forward/center Jalen Hill has withdrawn his name from the NBA Draft pool, according to UCLA Athletics, leaving junior guard Chris Smith as the only underclassman scheduled to leave Cronin’s program.

The announcement comes just days after Hill’s name was released on a list of underclassmen who had been declared as early entry candidates for the draft. Hill had until June 3 to make a decision on whether he would return to Westwood next year but made the choice early.

Hill will be returning to a Bruin squad that finished the season tied for the Pac-12 regular season title. He led the team in both rebounds and blocks and finished second in points per game, averaging just over 24 minutes per contest.

His decision comes on the heels of the possible delay of the NBA Draft. According to multiple sources, the league is considering moving back the date from the originally-scheduled June 25 due to the ongoing pandemic.

Jack Perez | Sports editor
Perez is currently the Sports editor and a reporter on the football and men's basketball beats. He was previously an assistant Sports editor for the men's volleyball, women's water polo and track and field beats and a staff writer on the gymnastics, beach volleyball, women's water polo and men's water polo beats.

Beverly Hills Jason, Sunset Blvd and Doheny Dr. Upper Large Studio Appartment,l arge balcony, city view, full kitchen, full bathroom, parquet floor, hot and cold water, garbage, quiet building, available now. Studio $1995,1*1 $2295 #310-991-4777 only no email please.