Friday, April 3

Number of COVID-19 cases in UCLA community reaches 5 as staff member tests positive

UCLA’s fifth confirmed case of COVID-19 is a staff member who has not worked on campus since March 13, UCLA announced Thursday.

The newest case comes 10 days after UCLA reported its first case of the new coronavirus in the UCLA community. Three staff members and two students have tested positive so far. The number of cases in Los Angeles County is now up to 1,216.

The pandemic has taken a toll nationally as well, with the U.S. now leading in confirmed cases worldwide.

To prevent the spread of COVID-19, UCLA has moved spring quarter instruction online and suspended nonessential meetings and gatherings. County and state leaders have also implemented “stay at home” and “safer at home” orders.

Follow all of our coronavirus coverage here
Assistant News editor

Chavez-Martinez is the 2019-2020 Assistant News editor for the Campus Politics beat. She was previously a reporter for the beat. Chavez-Martinez is also a second-year English major.

• Toccara

Do you like to beat the current global economic slowdown 2020 due to Corona Virus and would like to make 6,000 to 8,000 US dollars every month by working from home using your pc and internet?. You can make a tons of cash through it and after day to day expenses you can also save a good amount of money for investing also because now you can purchase good company’s stock at discounted prices and later you can sell those stocks at significant gains and can use some part of gains in travelling the entire world with your family and friends once the corona Virus finishes. HURRY ====> bay25.com