Sunday, April 18, 2021

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020-2021 Racial Justice Movement

Number of COVID-19 cases in UCLA community reaches 5 as staff member tests positive

By Marilyn Chavez-Martinez

UCLA’s fifth confirmed case of COVID-19 is a staff member who has not worked on campus since March 13, UCLA announced Thursday.

The newest case comes 10 days after UCLA reported its first case of the new coronavirus in the UCLA community. Three staff members and two students have tested positive so far. The number of cases in Los Angeles County is now up to 1,216.

The pandemic has taken a toll nationally as well, with the U.S. now leading in confirmed cases worldwide.

To prevent the spread of COVID-19, UCLA has moved spring quarter instruction online and suspended nonessential meetings and gatherings. County and state leaders have also implemented “stay at home” and “safer at home” orders.

Marilyn Chavez-Martinez | Outreach director
Chavez-Martinez is the Outreach Director. She was previously an assistant news editor managing the campus politics beat and still writes for the Daily Bruin news section occasionally. She is also a third-year English and Economics student at UCLA.

10980 Strathmore 2bd/1bth from $3850 parking,Internet Included. Laundry room
Large remodeled apartments with multiple bathroom sinks.Walk to UCLA.
Email or text for tours
[email protected]
310-409899