Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Advertise

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Injustice Protests

Number of COVID-19 cases in UCLA community reaches 5 as staff member tests positive

By Marilyn Chavez-Martinez

March 26, 2020 8:18 pm

UCLA’s fifth confirmed case of COVID-19 is a staff member who has not worked on campus since March 13, UCLA announced Thursday.

The newest case comes 10 days after UCLA reported its first case of the new coronavirus in the UCLA community. Three staff members and two students have tested positive so far. The number of cases in Los Angeles County is now up to 1,216.

The pandemic has taken a toll nationally as well, with the U.S. now leading in confirmed cases worldwide.

To prevent the spread of COVID-19, UCLA has moved spring quarter instruction online and suspended nonessential meetings and gatherings. County and state leaders have also implemented “stay at home” and “safer at home” orders.

Marilyn Chavez-Martinez | Outreach director
Chavez-Martinez is the 2019-2020 Assistant News editor for the Campus Politics beat. She was previously a reporter for the beat. Chavez-Martinez is also a second-year English major.

Hilgard House.927 Hilgard Ave.Near UCLA. Effic.App.300 sq.ft.Hotel style.Furnished.Utilities incl.Micrwv/Fridge/Own bathroom. Start at $1000-$2000.00. Lease. 310-208-3945