Friday, April 3

Second UCLA student tests positive for the new coronavirus

A student who previously lived in on-campus housing has tested positive for the coronavirus.

The student, the second UCLA student to test positive and the fourth known case in the UCLA community, moved out of on-campus housing March 12, according to a university press release Wednesday. The student’s condition is unknown.

The university did not state when the test was administered to the student. Turnaround on COVID-19 tests can vary from within an hour to multiple days. Most cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, show symptoms within two weeks of exposure.

The statement also did not specify how the student contracted the virus or where the student is being treated. About 13.5% of those tested in the United States return positive for the coronavirus, according to The COVID Tracking Project.

A university spokesperson could not be reached for comment.

UCLA has significantly reduced campus operations and events since the World Health Organization classified the global coronavirus outbreak as a pandemic March 11, moving all spring quarter instruction online, altering commencement and closing most campus facilities, among other actions.

However, some campus resources essential to the university and student health, including mental health, student housing and financial services, continue to operate

Follow all of our coronavirus coverage here
Senior staff photojournalist & news reporter

Jintak Han is a senior staff photojournalist and news reporter. He photographs anything that catches his eye and writes for the City & Crime beat. He previously served as the 2016-2017 Assistant Photo editor.

• Toccara

Would you wish to conquer the current international financial slowdown 2020 caused by Corona Virus and would like to earn $6,000-$8,000 every month by simply working from home with your pc and internet?. You can earn a tons of cash through it and after day to day expenses it’s also possible to save a lot of cash for investing also because now you can buy good business’s stock at discounted prices and later it is possible to sell these quite high profits and can use some part of gains in travelling the whole world with your family once the corona Virus ends. EXPLORE —-> bay25.com