Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Advertise

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Injustice Protests

Out of Bounds: The Revival

By Sam Connon and Ryan Smith

February 2, 2020 11:04 am

Out of Bounds is the Daily Bruin’s newly revived sports podcast. On this week’s show, Sports editor Sam Connon and former Sports editor Ryan Smith discuss the struggles of UCLA men’s basketball, as well as the recent changes to the football team, before taking a look at what the future holds for the Bruins in baseball and other winter sports.

Sam Connon | Sports senior staff
Connon is currently a Sports senior staff writer for the football and men's basketball beats. He was the Sports editor for the 2019-2020 academic year, an assistant Sports editor on the baseball, men's soccer, cross country, men's golf and women's golf beats from 2018-2019 and a reporter on the baseball and women's basketball beats from 2017-2018. Connon also contributes movie reviews for Arts & Entertainment and co-hosts Daily Bruin Sports' weekly podcast, "Out of Bounds." Connon is a rising fourth-year Communication student from Winchester, Massachusetts.
Ryan Smith | Alumnus
Smith joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2016 and contributed until he graduated in 2020. He was the Sports editor for the 2018-2019 academic year, an assistant Sports editor for the 2017-2018 academic year and spent time on the football, men's basketball, women's basketball, men's water polo, baseball, men's golf and women's golf beats.