Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

UCPD searches for man who allegedly sexually battered student on the Hill

By David Gray and Martín Bilbao

Dec. 4, 2019 11:45 a.m.

This post was updated Dec. 6 at 6:00 p.m.

University police are searching for a man involved in a sexual battery of a student on the Hill early Tuesday morning.

The man allegedly approached the UCLA student on the steps outside Covel Commons and grabbed her buttocks around 2:10 a.m, said UCPD Lt. Kevin Kilgore in an emailed statement. The incident occurred as the student was walking back to her residence.

UCPD described the man as black with light skin, 23 to 28 years old, with a thin build and short black braided hair. He was wearing khaki or gray colored pants and no shirt, with tattoos around his torso.

The man fled southbound on Charles E. Young Drive West toward Strathmore Place in a silver four-door sedan, Kilgore said. UCPD previously described the vehicle as a Ford Explorer in a UCPD crime alert. However, that description was inaccurate, Kilgore added.

Photographs of the man and the vehicle can be seen on the updated crime alert and a video of the man is available for download.

The initial UCPD alert sent out Wednesday described the man as black but not light-skinned. The updated alert, with the added photos, describes the man as black and light-skinned.

A Wednesday tweet called into question the description of the man as black, given the video of the man released by UCPD in addition to the updated alert.

Kilgore said the description of the man came from the victim, who had a first-hand observation of him. UCPD cannot offer a different description of the man at this time because the video is grainy, and there is no additional evidence to inform a change, he added.

This incident is still under investigation. Anyone with information can contact UCPD at 310-825-1491.

David Gray | News Editor
Gray is the 2019-2020 News editor of the Daily Bruin. He was previously an assistant News editor and a reporter for the city and crime beat. He is also a third-year political science student at UCLA.
Bilbao is the Assistant News editor for City and Crime. He is a fourth-year political science student who previously worked as a News contributor for Features and Student Life.

Beverly Hills Jason, Sunset Blvd and Doheny Dr. Upper Large Studio Appartment,l arge balcony, city view, full kitchen, full bathroom, parquet floor, hot and cold water, garbage, quiet building, available now. Studio $1995,1*1 $2295 #310-991-4777 only no email please.