Sunday, July 5, 2020

Advertise

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Injustice Protests

UCPD investigates report of man assaulting employee on campus

By Martín Bilbao

December 3, 2019 6:07 pm

This post was updated Dec. 4 at 6:09 p.m.

University police are searching for a man involved in a battery against a UCLA security guard on campus that took place Nov. 27.

The man allegedly hit the guard in the back of the head by unknown means, said UCPD Lt. Kevin Kilgore in an emailed statement. Police responded to the alleged attack at about 2:20 a.m. in Parking Structure 18.

The guard temporarily lost consciousness and suffered serious bodily injury including to his head and face, Kilgore said.

UCPD described the man as black, 6-feet tall and wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans. He fled in an unknown direction, Kilgore said.

The incident is still under investigation. Anyone with information is encouraged to call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Martín Bilbao
Bilbao is the Assistant News editor for City and Crime. He is a fourth-year political science student who previously worked as a News contributor for Features and Student Life.

ARIEL COURT APARTMENTS 535 Gayley Ave. PRIVATE STUDIO & ONE BEDROOM APARTMENTS available for Summer & Fall. Walk across the street to campus! Property features 24-hr package lockers, pool, spa, fitness ctr. & parking. Studio from $2,099, 1×1 from $2,400. Specials up to 2 MONTHS FREE! Mention this ad for $0 App. Fee. Call now (310) 208-3818 *** www.arielcourt.com ***