Sixth presidential primary debate to take place at UCLA’s Royce Hall

The sixth presidential debate will be held in Royce Hall by the UCLA School of Public Affairs on Dec. 19. Ticketing will be handled by the DNC but a limited number of tickets will be reserved for students and alumni. (Daily Bruin file photo)

By Martín Bilbao

This post was updated Nov.1 at 6:26 p.m.

The sixth presidential debate will be at UCLA’s Royce Hall on Dec. 19, during winter break.

The Democratic National Committee announced the debate Friday. The event will be held by the UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs and co-hosted by PBS NewsHour and Politico.

Tickets will be distributed by the DNC, but some tickets will be reserved for students, alumni and others affiliated with the School of Public Affairs, according to a university article. Information about this limited ticketing process will be released at a later time.

The format and moderators of the debate will be determined at a later unspecified date, according, according to a DNC press release. The debate will be part of a Luskin lecture series aimed at promoting positive public discourse.

Alternatively, they can meet a 6% support threshold for two single-state polls, which can include Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina or Nevada. These polls must be released between Oct. 16 and Dec. 12, no later than a week before the debate.

Candidates must also meet a new fundraising requirement. They must amass donations from at least 200,000 unique donors in the United States, and 800 donors per state must be from 20 states at minimum.

PBS will air the debate live and stream it on its digital platforms. Politico will also stream the debate on its digital platforms.

Martín Bilbao | Alumnus
Bilbao was the Assistant News editor for City and Crime from 2019-2020. He graduated with a degree in political science student and previously worked as a News contributor for Features and Student Life.