Thursday, June 4, 2020

Advertise

There is no curfew in Los Angeles tonight. Follow our coverage of countywide protests against racial injustice here.

The Quad’s finsta-vestigation: Would you let employers see your private accounts?

(Tanmay Shankar/Assistant Photo editor)

By Christine David

August 14, 2019 6:01 pm

Finstas, or fake instagrams, are commonly used by college students for sharing memes, funny memories and frustrations. Private social media accounts have become a refuge for college students for posting personal content that they wouldn’t want a future employer to see. In the age of increasingly public information, should these private posts affect your chances of being hired? Turns out there’s an ideal balance between oversharing and online anonymity. Let us know what you think and your answers may be included in a future article.

Christine David | Social Media director
David is the Social Media director of the Daily Bruin. She was previously a social media staffer.

Ariel Court-535 Gayley Ave. Private studio and 1 bdrm apartments available for Summer and/or Fall. Walk across the street to campus! Parking, pool & fitness ctr. at property. Specials up to 2 Months Free! Studios from $2,099 & 1×1 from $2,400. Mention this ad for $0 Application fee (310) 208-3818 www.decron.com