Tuesday, Sept. 29, 2020

AdvertiseDonate

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLA2020 Racial Justice Movement

Bruin Tea: Who chooses the dining hall music?

(Daily Bruin file photo)

By Melissa Morris

Quarter system got you down? Have you fallen and can’t get up? Bruin Tea is a series investigating student questions and petty concerns about UCLA.

Question: Who chooses the dining hall music?

UCLA Dining Services said in a statement music is coordinated by a third-party contractor to fit the halls’ brand identities.

Musical genre, tempo and artists are chosen based on several factors, like restaurant space and time of day.

Selections are meant to complement lighting, temperature and food, according to the statement.

“Music is the easiest one, of all the design elements, to actually change and it’s the one that’s most alive in the restaurants,” UCLA Dining said. “The music really sets the tone.”

[Related: Diverse music gives each dining hall its own flavor]

Students can make requests by speaking to a restaurant manager. The manager can then take the requests to the third-party contractor.

TL;DR: An outside group chooses. Tell a restaurant manager if you have a request.

Melissa Morris | Editor in chief
Morris is the 2020-2021 Editor in chief. She was previously the 2019-2020 assistant Enterprise editor as well as the 2018-2019 assistant News editor for the campus politics beat. She is also a fourth-year global studies student at UCLA.

room pvt bath in beaut 1200 square ft gst house, 2 bedr 2 bath lvng room,ktchen, laundry, all utilities, direct tv, wifi shre with one other tenant, 1 parking space, grgs home backyard, pool, jacuz, adjt UCLA $1,750 per month 310 309-9999