Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022

Tracking COVID-19 at UCLASundance 2022

Former UCLA men’s soccer coach pleads not guilty to racketeering charges

(Daily Bruin file photo)

By Teddy Rosenbluth

Jorge Salcedo pled not guilty to charges of racketeering Monday, according to court documents.

The former men’s soccer coach appeared in a Boston federal court on Monday regarding allegations that he accepted bribes from parents in exchange for securing spots on the UCLA soccer teams, as well as admission into the university, for their children. He was released from court on bond and will return June 6 for the initial status conference.

Salcedo also resigned from his position as the men’s soccer coach Thursday. Before his resignation, Salcedo coached 15 seasons at UCLA and led the Bruins to a 10-9 record during the 2018 season.

Davina Isackson, a mother accused of paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to get her daughter on UCLA’s women’s soccer team, was released on a $1 million dollar bond March 18.

Her husband, Bruce Isackson, will appear before federal court in Boston on Friday. Lauren Isackson, the couple’s daughter, is currently enrolled at UCLA and was formerly a member of the women’s soccer team, according to a university spokesperson. However, they did not comment on whether an investigation is being conducted.

Teddy Rosenbluth
Rosenbluth is the assistant News editor for the Science and Health beat. She was previously a News contributor for the science and health beat. She is a third-year psychobiology student who loves learning about evolutionary biology and neuroscience.

670 Kelton ave Los Angeles Ca 90024 Mgr#310-209-0006 2 bedroom + two bathroom 3 bedroom+ 3 bathroom Amenities: controlled access, underground parking, thoughtfully designed lush landscaping, dramatic views from wood roof deck, ideal for socializing State of the art gym, pool, wash/dryer in units, private balconies, C/A top of the line stainless steel kitchen appliances, luxe stone countertops, low maintenance faux wood floors Bright with natural sunlight, custom design bathrooms with stone features. Walking distance to UCLA, WESTWOOD village.