Saturday, Nov. 27, 2021

Community feedback surveyTracking COVID-19 at UCLACrosstown Clash 2021

Fire hydrant breaks next to Anderson School of Management

A fire hydrant broke near the Anderson School of Management on Saturday. (Liz Ketcham/Assistant Photo editor)

By David Gray and Grace Ye

A fire hydrant broke Saturday afternoon near the UCLA Anderson School of Management, launching water high into the air.

Los Angeles Fire Department captain Brian Wall said LAFD responded to the hydrant breakage at 2:23 p.m. but did not have more information beyond that.

Anthony Rasca, a fourth-year aerospace engineering student, was grabbing lunch with a friend when he heard the sound of water rushing.

“We were just getting some food and we thought we heard a water slide and we saw this,” he said. “At least it happened on a hot day.”

Zainab Qadir, a second-year psychobiology student, said she was able to see the column of water from the Hill.

“I was actually eating at (Bruin Plate) and I saw it through the window,” she said. “At first I just thought it was a fountain … but then I saw that it was as tall as the buildings.”

David Gray | News Editor
Gray is the 2019-2020 News editor of the Daily Bruin. He was previously an assistant News editor and a reporter for the city and crime beat. He is also a third-year political science student at UCLA.
Grace Ye | Slot editor
Ye is a slot editor. She was also a slot editor for the 2018-2019 school year, as well as the 2017-2018 school year.
Help Wanted

Remote Linux System Administrator I need someone to install updates, complete some projects and to be available for emergency issues that come up now and then with my web server/asterisk PBX servers. Experience required: apache/lets encrypt, sendmail/dovecot, asterisk/freePBX, php/mysql, DNS management and configuration of network gateways Reliability, dependability and excellent communication skills are essential. In an emergency I need someone who can respond immediately, trouble shoot and diagnose the problem and fix the issue. Please call 1.805.322.0005