Thursday, June 4, 2020

Advertise

There is no curfew in Los Angeles tonight. Follow our coverage of countywide protests against racial injustice here.

Power outage affects 1,100 LADWP customers in and around Westwood

Residents across Westwood lost power around 1 p.m. (Daily Bruin file photo)

By David Gray

March 9, 2019 5:37 pm

Correction: The original version of this article and the headline accompanying this article incorrectly stated 11,000 customers were affected. In fact, 1,100 were affected.

This post was updated March 11 at 11:36 a.m.

Residents across Westwood lost power Saturday afternoon.

A power outage occurred around 1 p.m. in Westwood, affecting around 1,100 Los Angeles Water and Power customers in the area, an LADWP spokesperson said. Power is expected to return by 10 p.m.

The LADWP spokesperson said they did not have information on the cause of the outage.

David Gray | News Editor
Gray is the 2019-2020 News editor of the Daily Bruin. He was previously an assistant News editor and a reporter for the city and crime beat. He is also a third-year political science student at UCLA.

Ariel Court-535 Gayley Ave. Private studio and 1 bdrm apartments available for Summer and/or Fall. Walk across the street to campus! Parking, pool & fitness ctr. at property. Specials up to 2 Months Free! Studios from $2,099 & 1×1 from $2,400. Mention this ad for $0 Application fee (310) 208-3818 www.decron.com