UCPD searching for three women who allegedly attempted to rob a UCLA student

By David Gray

This post was updated Oct. 23 at 8:51 p.m.

University police are searching for three women in a Monday burglary and attempted robbery.

Three women were seen stealing mail from the mailroom on the 3100 block of Sepulveda Boulevard at around 9 p.m., according to a UCPD crime alert. When confronted by a UCLA student, the women pepper-sprayed her and attempted to forcibly take her property. The UCLA student sustained minor injuries.

UCPD described the first woman as Hispanic, 30-40 years old, 5 feet, 6 inches tall, 120-130 pounds, with brown wavy hair. She was last seen wearing red clothing. The second woman was described as Hispanic, 25-30 years old, 5 feet, 4 inches, 250-300 pounds, with black hair. The third woman was described as black, with brown eyes. She was last seen wearing gray clothing.

The women were last seen driving a gray 2008 Land Rover Range Rover HSE, according to the alert.

UCPD advises students to report suspicious activities to the police and lock all windows, doors and gates.

The case is still under investigation. Anyone with information about the case can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

David Gray | News Editor
Gray is the 2019-2020 News editor of the Daily Bruin. He was previously an assistant News editor and a reporter for the city and crime beat. He is also a third-year political science student at UCLA.